Flutterbye Flying Fairy Doll Review
Contents at a glance
Does your daughter have a Flutterby Flying Fairy doll on her Christmas list? Both Amazon and Toys ‘R’ Us have this magic fairy on their top toys for Christmas 2013 list and it really is one of a kind.
Before we take a closer look at this toy there are two things you need to know.
Firstly, this is a hot Christmas toy so stocks are limited and it is likely to sell out – so if you’re ready to buy you can click here to save 5% on the Flying Fairy from Amazon.com.
Secondly the links in this review are ‘affiliate links’ which means if you click through and buy this wonderful fairy doll we’ll get paid a small commission, but it does not affect the price you pay.
Scroll down to read our review…
The Flutterbye Fairy Doll Review
Let’s take a closer look
It’s no secret that little girls love fairies, and most of them will tell you that they would love to see one. If you want to turn this wish into a reality for your daughter, or niece then the Flying Fairy doll from Flutterbye is the perfect gift this Christmas. And not because it’s any old fairy toy either, because this fairy really can fly!
She needs to charge up for a little while before she’ll be ready to take flight, but then your little girl just needs to press a button on her stand and the fairy will fly up into the air – once she’s up your little girl can make her fly around the room simply by moving her hand underneath the doll. It’s a pretty magical experience and your daughter will be in awe (and you might well be too!)
When the fairy isn’t flying the safest place for her to be is back on her stand, and that way she’ll be fully charged the next time your daughter wants to see her fly again.
As you might expect the fairy gets her flying power from a handful of batteries, six AA to be precise so be sure to stock up just in case she doesn’t charge up quickly enough for your little girl’s liking!
Don’t forget that this little fairy is a hot toy this Christmas so order now before they sell out:
Features of the Flying Fairy
- Suitable for girls aged 5-9 (though little boys will find her magical too)
- This little fairy can be guided by the palm of a hand – the absence of a controller makes her feel all that more magical!
- Ships with one fairy, one base and one instruction book (don’t forget to order the AA batteries or she won’t be able to fly)
Best Bits about the Flying Fairy Doll
- There are several designs and colors available so you can pick the one you think your child will like the most.
- The glittery dress and sparkling wings add to the magic.
- Children as young as five can make the fairy fly, with just the palm of their hand.
- Simple to use and no construction necessary, just place the fairy on her stand for half an hour and then she’s good to go.
- Children can play together, passing the fairy between them in the air with the palms of their hands.
Downsides to the Flying Fairy
- Unfortunately she’s not really magic and needs six AA batteries to keep her in flight. The fairy needs to be positioned on her stand for 30 minutes before each flight, once ‘charged’ she can fly about five times before she needs to rest on the stand for another 30 minutes.
- The fairy can only fly indoors, you don’t want her to be caught by a gust of wind and swept away now do you.
- If you don’t read the instructions properly the fairy can get a little haphazard in her flying.
Buy Flying Fairy Toy Doll
Best prices for the Flying Fairy doll
The Flutterbye Flying Fairy Doll really is quite magical and when you receive it you’ll see just why it’s making the top Christmas toy lists this year. She retails for just shy of $35 but Amazon.com currently have her on special offer.
Flutterbye Flying Fairy Video
Let’s see her fly!
Flying Fairy Doll Reviews
What do other parents have to say
- Dad of Divas said: “One of the first things I noticed with this toy were the details that the toy company put into the fairy itself. The toy was beautiful, and my daughter thought so as well. The toy itself takes 6 AA batteries (which is a lot), but what these batteries make the toy do is pretty unique and cool.”
- Rita Fair bought one for her granddaughter and said: “Even her parents commented on how innovative it was and they laughed along with the children.”